2,442 Jan Samwads (Social Audits) have been organised in 2019-20 across 9 states: Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.
This has led to directives from states on zero tolerance policy for unofficial charges and service denials along with
- Allocation of resources for construction and repairs of Sub-Health Centres (SHCs) and Primary Health Centres (PHCs)
- Operationalisation of services at non-functional PHCs and SHCs
- Disbursement of pending incentives to ASHAs (Accredited Social Health Activists – frontline health workers) and beneficiaries
- Judicious utilisation of untied funds by Village Health Sanitation and Nutrition Committees (VHSNCs) and Rogi Kalyan Samitis (RKSs – Patient Welfare Committees)
- Local procurement of essential drugs
- Improvement in providers’ behaviour